The District Market Hall
Key Features & Achievements
- 41,000sqm GLA (approx.)
- New facade and canopy to both sides of Waterfront Way
- New access from Waterfront Way and Little Docklands Drive
- Improved access to existing car parking and new multi deck car parking
- 2,850 car park spaces (approx.)
- Two new national retail tenants
- A new mini-major tenancy
- 19 new food and non-food specialty tenancies
- Six new kiosk tenancies
- Reconfiguration of six existing tenancies
- New fit out of public common areas and retail breakthrough
- New travellators and escalators
- New amenities including toilets, parent room and staff facilities
- New fit out to back of house
The District will bring to Docklands an exciting urban oasis, featuring a retail centre relaunch, vibrant entertainment precinct, fresh food hall, Marriott Hotel, new residences, and open public spaces. Accessible and active from morning till late, it will be a new village for Docklands. Designed for a new era, The District will be a family-friendly destination offering unexpected and engaging experiences, a place with something for everyone.
Codicote was appointed by Ashe Morgan to undertake the Design Management and Superintendent role for this strategic relaunch and redevelopment project within their total asset portfolio, which is in excess of $600 million and includes wholesale investors.
Codicote was responsible as the Superintendent to the contract in managing the D&C contractor whilst focusing on progress of the novated design consultants under their D&C contract which was awarded to Hutchinson Builders.
This redevelopment and relaunch project comprised two new national retailers, Woolworths and Dan Murphy’s. These anchor retail tenants, along with the new access from Waterfront Way and Little Docklands Drive into the enhanced existing multi deck and new multi deck carpark, will activate the whole retail precinct in line with the imaginative architectural design.
The impressive array of new features and amenities includes new facades and canopies to both Waterfront Way and Little Docklands Drive. Travellators and escalators have all contributed to the significant quality tenancies that have signed up to be a growing part of The District and Docklands.
- Ashe Morgan
- Hutchinson Builders
- NH Architecture
- > $50m
- Completed 2019
June 20, 2021