The Jam Factory
Key Features & Achievements
- Globally benchmarked mixed-use precinct
- Over 150,000sqm of project GFA
- 1000 car spaces across multiple basement levels
- Over 100,000sqm of leasable area
- Major national and international tenants and retailers
- Significant economic footprint for South Yarra in line with the community development plan
Sharing a belief in strategic selection and long-term hold of premium commercial property, Chris Langford and Simon T. Morris joined forces in 2011 to form Newmark Capital Limited (Newmark).
Purchasing the asset in 2015, Newmark have set out to create a globally benchmarked mixed-use development for this 1858 heritage site. Representing one of the most unique commercial repositioning opportunities in Australia, the Jam Factory redevelopment will be the lead project that spearheads the renaissance of the northern end of Chapel Street.
Codicote has been involved on the project since 2016. Our principal services initially focused on Construction Advice and Construction Planning for a variety of feasibility options to support the business case prior to the lodgement of the first town planning Permit documentation in late 2017. We continue to advise the client providing Construction and Procurement Advice, Design Management and Construction Planning services.
- Newmark Capital
- Bates Smart
- Leonard Design Associates
- Robert Bird Group
- > $500m
June 29, 2021