St Vincent’s Private Hospital
Key Features & Achievements
- Infrastructure upgrade including a new 13 level building and full refurbishment of The East Wing
- The East Wing consists of 11,000sqm of additional floor space
- Two operating theatres, 48 new beds, rehabilitation suites, consultation suites and hydrotherapy pool
- Upgrade of patient rooms and staff facilities in main hospital building
The infrastructure upgrade at St Vincent`s Private Hospital in Darlinghurst, Sydney involved the construction of a new 13-level building and the complete refurbishment of the occupied East Wing building. The scope involved constructing a temporary staff café on an adjoining roof to operate during the works. There were also extensive structural alterations to the existing building and refurbishment of existing internal spaces.
Codicote was appointed to peer review and critique the construction methodology and programming. We provided alternative methodology options for consideration and reviewed the staging framework for the delivery of the planned works.
The East Wing provided nearly 11,000sqm of additional floor space, including two new operating theatres and 48 new beds, as well as rehabilitation suites, consultation suites, and a hydrotherapy pool. The patient rooms and staff facilities at the existing main hospital building were also upgraded following the completion of the new wing. The new hybrid operating theatres allows improved surgery precision and imaging feedback during operations.
Two levels of the new building were developed as cold shell spaces, with the fit out designed and constructed on behalf of the tenants of the consulting suites. The new wing is connected with the existing buildings via ramps and direct connections at various levels. Connecting ramps include infill rooms for lounge, beverage, disposal, and accessibility ensuites.
- St Vincent’s Healthcare Limited
- Norman Disney and Young
- Taylor Thomas Whitting Waterman
- > $95m
- Completed 2018
June 20, 2021