600 Collins Street (Zaha Hadid Scheme)
Key Features & Achievements
- 185 metre high tower
- Facade comprises 25,000sqm curtain wall and 25,000sqm decorative GRC
- Four basement levels (new)
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group first announced property in Australia
- Spa at Mandarin Oriental Hotel with wellness, relaxation and beauty facilities including a fitness centre and indoor swimming pool
- 197 spacious guestrooms and suites
- 148 residences located on the upper floors with exclusive amenities including a private lounge
- All day dining restaurant and bar with a landscaped roof terrace
- Meeting spaces
- 6,000sqm of commercial office space
Landream appointed Codicote in June 2017 to undertake the construction advice and construction planning including staging, methodology and logistics of their most significant project in the Southern Hemisphere as designed by Zaha Hadid. This project was the first announced property for the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group in Australia.
Landream is an experienced private developer with significant Australian and overseas interests, with several projects delivered or underway in Sydney and Melbourne. Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and global operator of 29 luxurious hotel resorts and residences.
The design for 600 Collins Street comprised a 185-metre-high mixed use building with luxury hotel residences, guestrooms and suites with retail and commercial offices, set in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD. The demolition of the existing 600 Collins Street building would make way for construction of four new basement levels for approximately 200 car park spaces and over 200 bicycle spaces and back of house facilities as well as 52 new floors above Collins Street.
Dame Zaha Hadid was a world-renowned architect, who was the first female recipient of the Pritzker architecture prize in 2004. She won the most prestigious architecture ‘RIBA Stirling Prize’ twice.
The façade solution by the design team for 600 Collins Street focussed on an elegant and intricate twin structure. This façade design required Codicote to deliver one of its most stringent and demanding construction advice and construction planning solutions to enable certainty of delivery of this exciting project for the client.
- Zaha Hadid
- Plus Architecture
- Robert Bird Group
- > $400m
June 20, 2021